DentalPlans.com (DPC) is a leading provider of dental plans across the US.
DPC wanted to improve the effectiveness of their marketing strategy. Scope of the project included target customer, product offering, sales strategy and marketing tactics.
- DPC had grown through a “coverage” strategy
- DPC needed a better understanding of their customers
- DPC also wanted to understand which marketing vehicles and campaigns were and were not working
Developed a detailed marketing strategy and implementation plan to transition from a “coverage” to a “targeted” approach:
- Performed detailed analysis of existing customer base
- Calculated customer lifetime value by customer type and acquisition channel
- Reviewed performance of third party (broker and provider) sales channels
- Conduced “day in the life of the customer” analysis of call center and web site
- Developed recommendations for improving web site usability, SEO and PPC marketing, and more traditional marketing such as TV, radio and billboard
- Designed acquisition and renewal tactics for specific target customer segments
- Modeled financial pro forma income statement to incorporate costs and expected levels of acquisition and retention based on benchmarks and potential improvement levels
- Prioritized recommendations related to target customer, offer, sales and marketing approach, web and call center experience
- Positioned DPC to double revenue and achieve 4X profit improvement in 5 years