IHG is the largest hotel company in the world with roughly 5000 hotels across 8 brands.
IHG wanted to develop the ability to identify the most impactful insights that could drive profitability for the company and for owners.
- Over time, the company had developed “pockets” of analytics capabilities
- The company had also created a centralized group charged with developing company forecasts and comparing corporate, brand and region performance versus the competition
Created an Analytics Center of Excellence (COE) to coordinate analytics efforts across the company
- Developed the strategic vision: assessed current capabilities and identified the long-term aspiration for the COE. Included Clients Served, Role, Value Add, Approach, Team and Culture
- Designed organization including structure, staff and skills to support
- Created project management approach and analytics methodologies
- Introduced COE Pillars including Performance Scorecard, Structured Problem Solving Techniques and ROI Assessment Approaches
- Developed a multi-year road map for transformation to Analytics COE capabilities
- Helped turn global analytics team into Analytics COE capable of providing leading-edge analytics and insights to key functional areas