The IHG Owners Association was formed in 1955 and since then has represented the interests of the Owners of IHG-branded hotels across the globe.
With the increased success of IHG throughout the world, the Owners Association needed to develop a strategy for expanding and deepening their support of Owners outside of the US.
- The Owner community is profoundly diverse and each Owner unique
- Strategy for Association needed to be developed in context of overall IHG growth and in line with IHG priorities
Created a team of Owners and IHG executives from different regions of the world to identify needs and develop a strategy for best supporting Owners in cost-effective way.
- Analyzed existing and future IHG hotel portfolio by region, brand and Owner type
- Conducted Association member survey and interviewed Company and Association leadership
- Identified specific Owner needs and current Association support in each region
- Created phased approach to improving global support to Owners
- Developed strategies for improving Member Value Proposition, Member Engagement, Governance and Leadership
- Helped Association reach record levels of membership, engagement, retention and satisfaction