Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) is a leading international hotel company serving over 180 million guest each year with over 620,000 rooms in more than 4,200 hotels spread across nearly 100 countries. Operates such brands as Intercontinental Hotels, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites.
IHG needed to determine what HR offerings would provide its hotel owners the optimal ability to drive revenues. IHG further needed to understand those levers that would provide owners the greatest ability to optimize their return on invested capital.
Employed focus groups, owner surveys, competitor comparisons, and best practices examples to ensure that IHG’s HR offers to owners:
- Supported the central IHG value proposition to its owners
- Addressed the HR needs of both managed and franchised hotel operators
- Provides the structure to help owners find and retain the right employees and give them the right training to deliver on the brand promise
- Developed conceptual hotel performance model and ROIC model to determine those performance drivers that have the largest impact on owner revenues, demand, and ROIC
- IHG HR owner offer has led to increased ability of managed and franchised owners to attract, train and retain better talent
- Increased consistency of employee training has created a more consistent customer experience and more consistent delivery of each brand’s promise
- Ability to isolate levers of ROIC has increased ability to focus existing and potential offers on those areas most likely to have the greatest impact