Southland Log Homes is America’s largest manufacturer of log homes and log cabins. With over thirty years of experience in designing log home plans and log cabin homes, Southland continues to set the pace in combining the traditional values of outdoor living with the latest advances in construction and technology of log cabin homes.
- Though showing year over year sales growth, that growth was consistently lower than expected.
- Deepening housing slump was further impacting Southland’s sales
- Southland needed a tool with which to evaluate current sales office and sales force performance to identify potential improvement opportunities
Through a series of interviews, show house visits, and analysis, designed and implemented a sales force diagnostic capability to allow the client to:
- Better define target customers
- Align messaging across select, targeted communication channels with the end goal of driving target customers into the show house
- Once customer was in the show house, quickly and effectively segmenting the customer into one of several defined categories
- Based on segmentation altering the sales pitch to best enable Southland to close the sale
- Increased understanding of target customer and customer segments allowed for more targeted marketing and advertising, increasing the quality of traffic in show houses
- Capability to rapidly segment customers in the show house and alter sales pitch accordingly led to increased sale closures
- Diagnostic capabilities led to a better equipped and more effective sales force