Tandy Brands is a $150 Million dollar apparel accessories company specializing in men’s and women’s leather and synthetic leather goods such as belts, wallets, small leather goods, and handbags. Tandy Brands also sells gift items such as specialty alarm clocks, cell phone/wallet caddies, and small emergency items such as flashlights and radios.
Tandy had a broad range of proprietary, licensed and private label brands. The company wanted to identify highest potential growth opportunities for the brand portfolio.
- Company had reached a bit of “stall” with respect to growth
- Had not been able to grow brands and categories organically
- Was looking for ways to penetrate “big white spaces”
- Had not been very successful landing new licensing opportunities
Developed tailored brand portfolio strategy and category management approach
- Identified category entry and product expansion candidates
- Evaluated potential category growth opportunities and selected target categories
- Identified, evaluated and selected potential product and brand opportunities for each target category
- Assessed company category management process and capabilities
- Created road map for Tandy Brands portfolio evolution
- Developed implementation plan for improved category management capability development
- Helped transform Tandy Brands from “House of Products” to “House of Brands”
- Supported development of company’s category management capability