Wilwat Real Estate develops and manages roughly $200 million in multi-family residential communities and anchored shopping centers across the Southeast.
Wilwat needed to evaluate their business model and potentially reposition their real estate portfolio to generate greater wealth for the shareholders.
- Help identify real estate portfolio strategy including amount of invested capital, mix of debt and equity, target real estate asset types, average project size and geography
- Identify required real estate functions and organization structure to achieve target financial goals
Worked with senior management team and staff across development, leasing, management and accounting functions:
- Evaluated 20 years of historical real estate investment performance
- Analyzed IRR and NPV for individual investments and for overall portfolio
- Developed real estate investment portfolio strategy including recommendations for redeployment of invested capital and property development, leasing & management
- Helped identify optimal market timing for real estate asset development and sales of existing real estate assets based on current and projected net operating income and cap rates
- Supported real estate sell-side transactions that resulted in increased value to shareholders of approximately $20+ million
- Developed parameters for future real estate investment and development including average project cost and ways to reduce development cost