TAMPA MAID FOODS
Tampa Maid Foods is a supplier of value-added seafood and vegetable products to food chains, retailers and food distributors.
Company faced increasing pressure from overseas suppliers and increasingly powerful customers.
- Revenue was shrinking
- Competition had become tougher
- Customers increasingly turning to RFP’s, which drove commoditization in industry
Developed world-class marketing and sales strategies aimed at developing brand strength, expanding customer base and increasing product development and penetration.
- Evaluated current sales strategy and performance
- Conducted sales strategy diagnostic to identify improvement opportunities
- Created product innovation and development strategy
- Developed Sales Playbook to transform go-to-market and sales strategies
- Helped company establish position as category captain in core product lines
- Supported implementation of new sales organization, compensation, selling approach, pipeline management, key account management and reporting
- Grew revenue by over 25% in industry growing at 1% per year
- Achieved highest revenue and profit levels in 7 years
- Improved return on invested capital by 3X