Harland Clarke is a leading provider to financial and commercial institutions as well as individual consumers and small businesses. The company, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, has a national presence with manufacturing facilities and customer service centers across the country.
Number 2 US printed product and software company was struggling for ways to grow a business in a mature market with shrinking demand for paper-based payments systems (checks).
- Conducted customer research with banks and credit unions to segment financial institutions, identify key purchase attributes and develop segment-specific value propositions
- Developed pricing strategies for different offerings and bundles Redesigned money center and super regional bank proposal development and sales process for multi-year RFPs
- Created product rationalization approach to eliminate low-volume and redundant products and streamline sales collateral and operations
- Customer segmentation and target customer identification
- Segment-specific value propositions
- Product development and rationalization
- Pricing strategy
- Go to market approach
- Developed a check program benchmarking tool to enable financial institutions to compare performance to user-defined competitive sets and identify Harland-supported opportunities for increasing revenue and profit
- Improved pricing, profitability and win rates at largest bank customers
- Simplified and improved product and bundle pricing
- Developed opportunities to cross sell printed products and financial software
- Streamlined product line by 20-30%
- Improved customer check ordering process to reduce lead time and improve operational efficiency