Delta Air Lines offers customers service to more destinations than any other global airline with Delta, its Northwest subsidiary, and Delta Connection carriers service to 368 destinations in 66 countries. They wanted to ensure a high industry standard of customer satisfaction.
Delta was striving to improve the customer experience from ticketing to destination, with an emphasis on the in-flight experience.
Delta was also working to regain their customer service leadership in the industry.
- Conducted a customer satisfaction and brand experience assessment, identifying key drivers of customer satisfaction and Delta performance on each driver
- Evaluated opportunities to modify customer service experience with consideration of:
- Fit with Delta brand and target customer segment purchase attributes
- Delta’s ability to differentiate service relative to competitive offerings
- Operational and organizational impact of potential offer
- Financial costs and potential returns on required investments
- Developed strategies for enhancing customer satisfaction that included:
- Streamlined online reservations
- In-cabin technology such as television, games, telephones, etc.
- Complaint and dispute management process
- Ability to focus potential product and service offerings based on target customer purchase attributes
- Improved cost-benefits analysis related to large capital expenditure areas
- Enhanced customer experience and improved satisfaction ratings